View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 01:23 PM   #1995
gti_speed
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 483443
Vehicle:
2016 WRX STI
Ice Silver

So I've had two autocross's on the new turbo setup. Definitely has some lag to it compared to the factory turbo but when the boost hits good lord it comes on heavy.

For reference I was about 2 seconds off Stranos pace in the C7GS in SSR this weekend. Data showed I had an easy .5sec that I blew in one section with a little too much rotation.

I've had some pretty rough pax finishes our past 2 events where earlier in the season I was consistently Top 10. The past two I've been in the 20's which are both post turbo install which leads me to believe I'm driving like **** (watching video my lines don't look terrible, def could be better), Hoosiers are falling off (the front maybe has 30 runs on them, just corded the rear this weekend on the outside) or the new turbo is way slower for AutoX, I think it ends up balancing itself out for the most part.

This was my best run, I know I'm slower in the last two sweepers before the finish slalom. I think I could have carried speed into the first uphill camber assisted sweeper too.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by gti_speed; 08-20-2018 at 03:06 PM.
gti_speed is offline   Reply With Quote