Member#: 338329
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by honestabe View Post
Good to see you back dude!

I've sold mine as well and can totally relate to wanting to get back into one. Actually, my short list for my next DD (in a couple years) is almost exactly like your list. The want for a Golf R is real lol. Maybe by then the STI will have a new motor, rumors of a hybrid setup..

Looking forward to your journal about the new STI, especially how you think it compares to your old hatch. Great choice and I'm sure you'll do it right. Cheers!
Thanks Abe. The Golf R is no joke. Pretty awesome little cars. Just had a really hard time wheeling and dealing on them. Didn't want to budge off the 40k msrp. Found a few down in VA that were selling for 36k, but the numbers just weren't right with trading my Jeep in.

New STI motor should be in by 2020. Then wait a year for all the kinks to be worked out and 2021 should be a solid year for the STI. But knowing I was struggling to get through 2 years out of a fun car, there was no way I could wait another 4 for the new motor haha. Had to get myself back into something.

I appreciate that. I will be sure to do a comprehensive review of my thoughts between the 13 WRX hatch and the 17 STI. I only have roughly 200 miles on the STI now, so I can't say too much. Although, it's night and day difference from my initial reaction. Quality is way up from the GR. Feels WAY more put together. I can't only imagine how this thing is going to look and feel when I get a chance to really dive into it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote