View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 08:27 PM   #1
tpasalic
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 500651
Vehicle:
2006 WRX TR
Gray

Default Shuddering when turn and popping while driving over bumps.

Quick summary: '06 wrx tr with 174K miles on it. I bought the car with 158K not sure what repairs were done on it before purchase. Car has been driven in midwest most of its time frame.

Issue 1: I have a shudder when turning, such as left and right turns, also a shudder when standing still and turning the steering wheel. No issues accelerating, decelerating, switching lanes, no popping, and no pull to one side. Some things that popped up in my research was wheel bearings, CV joint, control arm. Problem occuring for several months now.

Issue 2: When driving on bumps, unexpected potholes, and such I hear a sense of popping/creaking I feel like it is more towards the front but not sure according to my passengers. Tried researching but could not find a definitive answer that made sense to me and my situation. Problem occuring for a little over a month now.

I intend to make a trip back home, which is 1000+ miles away, in 2 weeks and wanted to see if I can make it back to fix my issues without a time constraint.

Thank you all for the time and patience in reading my long message!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
tpasalic is offline   Reply With Quote