Old 08-02-2019, 10:34 PM   #248
EpicureanApostate
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 504854
Vehicle:
2002 Legacy Wagon

Default nub lost in options

Hail and well met.
Been driving an 02 Legacy L Wagon for awhile now and it's time to replace the brake pads (and probably rotors, haven't taken the caliper/micrometer to them yet). Read this whole thread and have arrived at a few conclusions but still running a couple questions. This is my daily drive vehicle usually putting on 40-60 miles a day, mix of surface and highway driving, with the occasional cross-state or cross-continent ride. Complication is I live in the midwest, home of ice and salt, so when I read about cold bite performance, I'm still not sold on if I'm looking at organic or ceramic pads (or something else entirely, but I've never driven on anything but OEM parts). So after reading the thread, plenty of people doing just fine with Centric rotors and pads, or Centric StopTech/Hawk combos. I'm just suffering choice paralysis because of all the Duralast, SureStop, PowerStop, EBC, etc that are out there on AutoZone, Amazon, AutoParts Warehouse, PartsGeek, and TireRack.

So maybe I should branch this into two questions.
Does the cold bite performance of pads like the Centric Posi Quiets hold up in cold weather, or should I look for another option?
Are off-brand combo deals like: https://www.autopartswarehouse.com/s...49OEREP27.html actually deals or am I just asking for more work in a couple hundred miles?

Thanks all for reading this block of text.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
EpicureanApostate is offline   Reply With Quote