Member#: 235402
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT wagon
APB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel~ View Post
Bryan,

Couple questions: Is this tube and fine or bar and plate, what are the dimensions, psi drop, what hp is this capable of, size of piping, and do you offer thermal dispersant coating in colors?
1. It is a bar and plate intercooler

2. IC overall 29"x9"x2.5"

3. With IC it's a bit of a trade off between pressure drop and efficiency. I give will you real numbers not percents that mean nothing. When I swapped FMICs(I had the XO2 FMIC that I designed for LGT) to the Racer X FMIC without a tune I had about 1/2 psi drop from my boost target of 20 psi. After a tune(or change your pill if you don't have a EBCS) I easily got my target back and was able to add 2 deg more timing with no knock which helps to make more torque. Most customers are reporting between 40 and 60 LBS-ft with a vf40 over aftermarket TMICs. You can read the post on legacygt.com

4. Our test car was a '08 legacyGT Spec. B and it made 400whp on e85 with a 68HTA, stock block and bolt-ons and he wasn't maxing the core yet. He is now making it into a show car and going for 450whp with a bigger turbo and injectors

5. The pipe size varies from 2" leaving the turbo to 2.50" on the cold side.

6. Coater says that he can do other colors.

Any questions let me know.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
RacerX Engineering-BRMQ is offline   Reply With Quote