VinceS2
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 353338
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2005 EVO 8 WRX + STi
gold

Wink Cute, but...

This would totally trash the scavenging capacity to the crankcase as the PCV would just suck air out of the inlet tube, being path of least resistance.

Also, being pedantic, the concept of more / less vacuum is an illusion; doesn't happen. The vacuum is the same. The actual vacuum at the end (crankcase / valve covers) could only POSSIBLY be different if there was a substantially different flow rate; ie dynamic effects. Which could only happen if there was substantially greater source of air into one area or the other and flow down oil drain paths didn't equalise it, with those tiddly 1/2" hoses being the only way out. Pedantic physics, but largely irrelevant!

I have personally made such leap-of-faith logic errors before and I so know how you got there; bin der dun dat ... Take the opening para for example!

Edit: Just to add, your solution is basically the exact situation I created in my opening para except you are adding a T in the line to the PCV to go to the turbo inlet, nominally to avoid the positive pressure situation. For me, this would have been the super-easy solution but I ruled it out as I wanted system integrity to be maintained. As well as deleting scavenging, this could also expose the turbo oil return to some increased pressure, but not enough to create the smoke curtain I managed - that needed the crankcase to see boost pressure through my own logic fail.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by VinceS2; 01-07-2019 at 06:15 PM.
VinceS2 is offline   Reply With Quote