Old 10-08-2017, 08:01 PM   #1
TheWookie
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 229552
Vehicle:
2005 STi
Silver

Default Deciding to build

I recently posted in FAQ regarding selling my 05 STi. I just canít see myself selling the car that gave me the most joy I have ever experienced from a vehicle. Plus, I am in no rush to get rid of it or in dire need of the money from the sale.
I have decided to hold on to it and save up for a DIY rebuild. I am not planning on rebuilding the short block myself, I will get the stage 2 short block from IAG and take the heads to a machine shop that services Subaruís. I have been doing quite a bit of research as I want to educate myself as much as possible before starting this.
The only thing I have not found is information on cars that sit with gas still in the tank. The motor is pulled so there is no way of putting any additives in the lines, I havnít put any additives in the tank to combat condensation and sheís been sitting for a few months now. This build will probably take some time (10mo. - 1yr minimum) to complete.
What is the worse possible outcome of letting gas sit like that and is there anything I can do now to prevent any negative effects from happening?

Thanks for any input on this
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
TheWookie is offline   Reply With Quote