View Single Post
Old 04-28-2003, 11:27 AM   #22
Teamugi
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 7771

Vehicle Year/Make/Model: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS Coupe
Engine size: 2.5L
Trans type: 5-speed manual

CAI type and Cost: GanzFlow Cold Air Intake. Cost: not sure, came with the car when I bought it.

Exhaust type/size Cost: SYSMS headers with hi-flo cat. Mated to a Greddy Evo midpipe (2.25) and muffler $1600-1800.
Place of Purchase: Headers and exhaust bought from i-clubbers, before the split.

Likes: Car sounds mean. It is loud at WOT, and is very deep. Intake is nice and deep and throttle response is quick. The headers and exhaust has made my car pull to redline harder and quickier. The car sounds like a true rally car, exhaust pops when changing gears Hwy crusing is not bad thanks to the muffler's sound dampening material. Never drove a stock RS, but I assume mine is quicker.

Dislikes: Headers resonate a lot. Drones when you coast while staying in gear. However, changing gears makes a noise that sounds almost like a wastegate opening up. Lots of people comment on that. I get CEL when it gets cold and when crusing on hwys.

Other Comments: Overall I love my car and the way it sounds. the uniqe sound my header makes, just gives my car more character. I just want forced induction now. Eventually I may switch to a Cobb intake and to a scoobysport/stromung exhaust.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Teamugi is offline   Reply With Quote