View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005, 10:45 PM   #5
10.5sec1992AWDtalon
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 63681

Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperBaja
In the dead of winter I get 22 - 23 mpg. Lately I have been getting around 26 mpg, last tank just shy of 29 (that was mostly highway, but with windy cold weather). Best tank just shy of 31 mpg.

I keep a spreadsheet on my fuel mileage and the lifetime has been 25 mpg over 26,000 miles. That includes long, harsh winters.

I live in a rural area and I slowed my speed on the interstate from 70 mph to 60 mph and picked up around 2 mpg. It takes 2 minutes longer on my work commute, but I save a couple bucks a week.

Is your highway drive include a lot of hills where your Baja downshifts? This would have an impact on your mileage. Also, check your tire pressure and maybe even your front end alignment, although these shouldn't impact mileage that drastically.

OR ..... pull in the parachute..... I saw your user name is 10.5sec1992AWDtalon, apparently you spend some time at the track.
LOL...yeah I have the Talon as a race only vehicle and a 2001 SS Camaro too. The Baja is my new daily driver.

I think the 70 MPH or so is what's killing me. I'll have to slow down to like 60-65 on the next tank and see what happens. I gotta quit redlining it too I think.

Thanks for all the replys folks.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
10.5sec1992AWDtalon is offline   Reply With Quote