View Single Post
Old 08-19-2003, 04:59 PM   #10
kb3drfsti
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 41507
Vehicle:
2004 sti
blue

I think you are correct,The car drove to the dealer fine,shifted just like day one,clutch in and out fine,no shutter or different release
feeling,also when cold it was quiet.Friday,the mechanic first stated he thinks it is electrical.
When the car sat overnight and in the morning after it was first started it would go 20 to 30 miles then it went into failure mode.At first they thought I was crazy and told me it was fine,I said take it for a long ride and you will see what I am talking about.Sure enougfh he went 25 miles before it went into failure.My father is or I should say was a car designer and now collecter and has some good connections(also pretty mechanical,races an audi 5000cs turbo quattro up giants despair and in denver) his
opinion on the matter was it is integrated electronic center diff.,the brain for controlling the diff is usually the problem.Alot guys with 100,000 in wrx"s are all using the new 6 speed wrx sti trannsmissions once you get the brain diff tranny working there bullet proof.Also can handle 500 ft lb of torque while beeing abused.You bought good stuff,better to find out now then later,just a fluke in the electronics.Matt
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.