*** Banned ***

Member#: 2992
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
02 WRX Sedan
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmontgom
I want to retrofit a rear parking camera but I don't want to run composite cables up to the rear view mirror because it will look terrible. Since I have the nav package is there any way to get onto that display without destroying anything? I was thinking of using a switch box to switch the video inputs to the screen but I don't know the specs on the dvd system used for the navigation. Any thoughts much appreciated :-)
If you're asking how to connect a rear camera to the navigation system's display, then here's what you need to know.

First, click here to view a picture of the rear of the display unit. The 4-pin connector is what you're after. The top right pin is #1 and is for rear-video-in. The bottom left pin is #4 and you connect your video cable's shield to that. The system uses #4 to detect whether a rear video camera is connected.

Once that's done, the system will automatically switch the display to the rear video source whenever you put the transmission in reverse, even overriding the the intro/agreement screens.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Jon [in CT] is offline   Reply With Quote