Old 02-16-2019, 12:45 AM   #4255
Patrick Olsen
Scooby Guru

Member#: 120
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
1997 Legacy 2.5GT
1996 Impreza coupe

Didn't actually do any work on the car, but hit Crazy Ray's to grab some parts. Actually, went to the Mount Airy one last weekend and grabbed a PS pump off a '97 OBS. Got it home and realized it wasn't exactly the same as my (presumably stock, but I don't really know) '96 pump (see here - https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho....php?t=2895198). A little parts comparing online determined that the '95/96 Imprezas used a different pump and hard lines than the '97+. Bummer.

So today I hit the Jessup Crazy Ray's and grabbed the hard lines off a '97 coupe so I can swap those over to match the "new" pump. Also grabbed some cam sprockets off an EJ25D to sell to Outfront Motorsports. As I was pulling the cam sprockets off the engine I realized I had forgotten to bring a bag to carry the parts I was gathering. I found a car with an airbag hanging from the steering wheel, cut that away, and had myself a parts bag.

Heck, I might even keep it. Good, tough fabric, so I can put just about anything in it and not worry about the parts cutting through.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Patrick Olsen is offline   Reply With Quote