Old 01-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #138
LL247
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 337000
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
Silver

Seriously my brain hurts after reading to the end of this thread.

There's good, not so good, and WTF advice here...so take it for what it's worth. Anyone who wants an opinion, please ask me. I'm the Business Manager for a large Subaru dealer and a proud owner of a '13 WRX. Here's a couple things:

Price - inventory is regional, meaning some areas will have WRX's in stock and ready to sell, some won't. This being said, discounts all depend on the dealer and the area. I can tell you cats that we start very high on WRX's because they are not easy to find around here. When we get them, they literally sell within hours. I had a guy come in for a white hatch and left in a black sedan...just because he said this was his only shot at getting one other than placing an order. Also, he was going to take a plasma blue sedan but in the hour he was considering it, someone bought it, no joke. I myself had to pull strings with an out of state dealer to get my silver premium hatch. Moral of the story, there's no rhyme or reason to negotiating a deal, all depends on the dealer. We are easily the most popular dealer in the area because of how well we treat people and how fair we are...but you're paying sticker on a WRX, period.

Interest rate - Let's face it folks, it's all about your credit and how good the finance guy is. Subaru loves to throw out the 1.9% & 2.9% all over the place, but using myself as an example, I can beat that. Timing is key as well, a lot of banks will throw out rate specials at certain times, plus most finance guys have enough pull to get an even better rate discount from certain lenders. As an example, one of my main banks will throw out a Thurs to Mon rate special occasionally discounting an automatic 0.5% off their rates, then I can call in a 0.25% favor and drop it further. Another bank of mine threw out a special last weekend, I financed someone for 72 months at 1.59%.

Any of you cats want advice feel free to ask.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
LL247 is offline   Reply With Quote