Old 06-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #9
jm020
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 353194
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
ISM

I got a hand-me-down from my parents, and was told this was the ONE car they were giving me. I'd imagine if someone just handed me a set of keys, I would have been more likely to take more risks. Not to mention every other kid at his school would be trying to race him. Don't get me wrong, there are a fewwww kids who may be responsible enough to handle that car, but I wouldn't take that risk. There is a track I used to race my bike at, and they offer new-er drivers a defensive driving course, which I would highly recommend any teen take, as it puts them in situations that a normal drivers ed course wont...skidding, oversteer, etc. If/When I have kids...I plan on putting them through that course, regardless of the type of car they're driving

The other thing is what do they have to look forward to when they get older, or even in a few years for their next car?! Porsche, Lambo? I bought my WRX not because I couldn't afford the sti, but because I have other financial goals (ie house purchase), and decided I could use that extra few thousand more wisely right now, and also because I wanted to have a goal of an sti way down the road.

Also, who is paying his insurance?! I'd imagine that is almost as much as the car payment lol
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.