Scooby Newbie

Member#: 117796
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2006 Corvette
white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badler View Post
^^^^Fortunate? You're an idiot. It has to do with not wanting my kid to kill him/herself and others due to lack of experience. I don't care how smart or responsible you think you are at 16. You're not.

Never.
Yes, I would say that being able to give your kids an STI would make your fiscal status fortunate.

Why do people constantly assume that the STI is some super car. Tests time and time again prove that the STI and subarus in general are very safe cars. My civic has gone as fast I have ever pushed the STI, the difference here is that STi is more capable at those speeds (one might say safer).

My post in no way warrants me being an idiot. I was 18 when I got my 300whp wrx. Not one ticket in the several years I owned the car till it got totaled when some idiot (name warranted here) backed into it in a parking lot because they werent looking. Age does not make any one person more or less smart or responsible and you know what they say about assumptions.

My point is it doesnt matter what car you give a 16 year old. They can get in trouble being dumb and irresposible in ANY vehicle. It completely depends on the individual driving.

Which brings me full circle back to why certain people get bent out of shape when someones parents buys them an STI. They are fortunate, kudos to them. Why hate?

You might also take into account that on a subaru forum its only obvious that you are going to hear about people/"kids" being given subarus and then crashing them. There are way more kids in all sorts of performance cars and grocery getters getting in the same accidents and trouble they just dont come on NASIOC and post about how they crashed their mustang.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.