Old 08-14-2019, 05:46 PM   #4
Big-E
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 123843
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2016 STI LTD CWP
Let LED's light your way!

Let's assume for the moment the paint itself was made correctly by the paint-shop that supplied it.

Air-pressure, distance-of-spray, etc. will affect how the finish will appear. It is very possible that whomever applied the paint did not do so evenly.

With respect to blending, this would have meant that the rear quarters/fenders would have also been painted. You don't want that. Blending is a means to hide the fact that there was a repaint and in some instances to cover-up for bad quality painting.

The bumper-cover itself was most-likely painted off of the car.

As far as I am aware, many manufacturers do not paint the bumper-covers. Instead, the supplier of those new covers to the manufacturer paint them. This is why in general on a new car (that has not had any refinishing work performed) the bumper-cover color may be and usually is slightly different from the rest of the car.

Where am I going with this?

You should expect some slight variance, but in this case I agree that the driver's side is very noticeable whereas the center and passenger's side seem to blend well.

I would say to either live with it or go back to the body-shop and discuss it with them.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Big-E is offline   Reply With Quote