View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 10:42 AM   #30
dan_drive_good
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 406961
Chapter/Region: NESIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kottonwood View Post
How'd you get SOA to buy you a new car just cuz you bought a POS old one?
I bought a used 2015 STI Limited with 32k from a piece of **** dealership whom shall remain nameless. The first time I started it up, the check engine light came on, so it was back to the dealership to discover a misfiring cylinder 1. That was "fixed". A few days later, my clutch pedal decides to stick to the floor leaving me stranded on the road. So, it's back to the dealership for me and the tow truck driver. The dealership replaces the entire clutch, as the throw out was bad and the flywheel bracket broken. Hurray. New clutch. But the fun doesn't stop there. A few days later, the check engine light comes on again. It's back to the dealership to discover it's our good friend, cylinder 1. At this time, I demand the dealership buy it back. They said "No". Come to find out, the previous owner had thrown a rod, and the dealership had done $14k in warrant work replacing the engine and turbo and whatever else.

So, instead of burning the dealership to the ground and turning the severed heads of their staff into decorative ornaments for my Christmas tree, I decide to give SOA a call and tell them all about my situation. Let me just say SOA is fantastic to deal with. So much so that they bought my car back, and gave me a brand new 2017 STI Base for the same costs as my used 2015 STI Limited. Personally, I prefer the base model: the seats are more comfortable, there's no ****ing sunroof. I'd rather have my own sound system installed than pay $2k for the "eh" Harman Kardon.

Anywho, hurray! Everything was just hunky dory until the transmission issue that happened this month. Yes, it will be covered under warranty, but that's not the point.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by dan_drive_good; 08-30-2019 at 10:51 AM.
dan_drive_good is offline   Reply With Quote