View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 06:13 PM   #1049
Ben_Drinking_Coffee
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 506113

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayunkl View Post
I will never, ever have any respect for that dealer and Iíll tell anyone I can about it.

I inquired about an STi there and instead of responding in a helpful way, they more or less said they arenít selling me a car because Iím not a New England resident.

I know it may seem petty, but thatís no way to respond to someone. I donít even work in customer relations but I wouldnít respond to a potential customer like that.
I'm new here but how is this not helpful? He took the time to list all the reasons what you want wont be practical.

Dealers need in-person signatures often so you'll need to be there to buy the car.
This isn't unusual.

Dealers also often have regional pricing incentives that are only open to residents of a certain area.

Lastly, he's giving you a head's up that since Mass doesn't issue temp tags, you're going to have to go there, buy the car, then go to your local DMV to get tags before you come back to drive the car off the lot.

All of this means that this deal isn't for you but none of this seems like the salesman's fault.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Ben_Drinking_Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote