View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 01:51 PM   #8
xX_STI_Xx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 493470
Vehicle:
2019 STI
Crystal White Pearl

It all depends on what your intended use of the new car...do you want a fast daily driver that you will never mod, or do you plan on modding and tuning the vehicle? I ask because chances are the new platform will be Direct Injection, smaller displacement, and dare I say "cheaper" under the hood (plastic intake manifold vs. aluminum, etc...). These may not be a concern for someone who won't want to modify the car, but for those looking to boost the car....expect substantially higher costs to modify the car. Yes, I am sure stock it will be a blast to drive and be more powerful than the EJ25's, but in the long run, will it be a better platform for upgrades? Personal experience with Direct Injection cars, they are difficult to tune, cost way more to modify, and overall incorporate technology to improve fuel efficiency and weight rather than durability and reliability. People talk **** about the EJ25, but it's a proven platform for modding and tuners have them dialed in (tuning, parts, etc...). Let's all pray the carbon build-up of the DI motor won't be too embarrassing. Just my two cents...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
xX_STI_Xx is offline   Reply With Quote