Scooby Newbie

Member#: 493470
Vehicle:
2019 STI
Crystal White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXnick16 View Post
LOL

Have you even read anything that I've said or linked to? I specifically said that dual injection, like the BRZ's D-4S, can prevent carbon build-up.

Direct injection alone experiences carbon build-up.. I acknowledged that.

I asked how direct injection is a reliability or durability issue. No answer.

I pointed out that dual injection (direct & port) can solve the problem of carbon build-up. You argued that "Toyota motor" had dual injection and still had carbon build-up without providing any evidence. You then proceeded to ignore the articles that I provided...

Carbon build-up is a maintenance issue that can be prevented by dual injection. A mess on the intake manifold runners, throttle bodies, etc.? lol Can you explain how direct injection manages to do that? Hmm.. I guess port injectors shoot upstream (against vacuum) to clean those

And because I can't help it.. just like the GTR, when was the Z's engine designed again? Direct injection wasn't mainstream in 2008. Porsche and Ferrari only began to implement it in a couple of their engines in 2009...

Please don't spread false information.

Will the STI's FA have carbon build-up? That solely relies on if Subaru implements direct injection alone or dual injection (highly unlikely).
Don't get your panties in a bunch, no false information here. You are the one bringing up D4-S (a Toyota tech) in a thread about the next STI that will have ZERO affiliation with Toyota. Bottom line is, a DI motor will produce drastically more crap on the valves that a non-DI motor leading to rough idles, and other stupid carbon build up related nuances. There are more people who don't walnut blast or perform other time consuming operations to clean their valves than those who do...so yes, issues do arise with DI motors because of carbon build up and for the everyday driver will eventually lead to dirtier engines that run like crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlarryHoodDIT View Post
https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho....php?t=2756556

I know you think this is all mind-blowing and new information for us, it isnt. This has been a known issue since the platform came out.

There are no long term reliability issues with carbon buildup, it just requires preventative maintenance every 50-60k miles. It's a $500 service at most shops, that's cheaper than a set of tires. BMW, Lexus, Ford, Mazda, all use DI in several of their engines, including the Focus RS and multiple Mustang models. Nissan uses DI on their Juke model, Infiniti just released a DI motor they referred to as the most advanced Infiniti V6 engine ever.

Please, research and stop mindlessly posting dribble.
This wasn't meant to blow anyone's mind....anyone who doesn't know what DI is or the negatives of DI in this day in age, should not get near a combustion engine...period.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
xX_STI_Xx is offline   Reply With Quote