Scooby Newbie

Member#: 498642
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
'19 WRX Limited 6MT
'08 Mustang GT (the toy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1SC View Post
I'm 32 and currently in a Golf 7R, but will be moving to an 18" FA20 WRX - from watching Youtube videos, it seems like in the US only under 25 year olds that wear flat brim hats drive WRX's, but for me it's the perfect for practicality and a car that I can regularly track and enter events in, and luckily in Australia it doesn't seem to attract the same buyer group.
I suspect that the posting of videos is something that is skewed toward the younger generation(s), their desire to publicize so much of their lives and need for "likes" and such - in other words, I don't think you've been getting a very balanced picture.

If you're talking about new car purchases, the average age is probably closer to 40. Older WRXs tend to be owned by younger people on the basis of lower up-front cost, while older owners may not be as willing to deal with as many repair issues as older cars tend to bring.

I'm a bit older than AnalogMan (I'll be 72 before the year is out), and if there's a single encompassing reason why we went with a WRX Limited it's because it promised to be a really fun car to drive. We'd never settled for a car that we couldn't anticipate was going to remain fun to drive, and we weren't going to walk away from that mindset this time either. I say 'we' because the WRX is now the "family sedan", and she's nowhere near ready to give up doing the gearshifting herself either.

Our WRX probably won't ever see track time, at least nothing above a highway-speed parade lap pace. I've got my own car for the faster stuff (which I do have a few in-car videos of up on Youtube).

Norm
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote