View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 07:52 PM   #10
AnalogMan
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 497900
Vehicle:
2019 WRX
WR Blue

I've driven a BRZ only twice, both test drives from a dealer. I used to own a S2000 for about 10 years. In a weak moment, committed one of the biggest (automotive) mistakes of my life and sold it (we were living in the Pacific Northwest at the time, which has about 3 days a year when you can put the top down in a convertible).

I'm looking for something like the S2000 but a hardtop (not really into convertibles anymore). The real answer would have been to put a hardtop on the S2000, but I couldn't find a factory hardtop anywhere close to me. I agree with all the comments about loving the looks and handling of the BRZ, but wonder if the relatively pedestrian engine will satisfy in the long run.

I plan to drive the car strictly on the street. I've already slightly modified the Mustang GT (as much as I'm willing to to). It also has the Performance Package, so it's at the point of diminishing returns for street driving with further modifications. I like the Mustang, except for the relatively poor build quality (it's a Ford...). It also feels and drives like a much larger car than it is. I'd like to get something small and limber.

Thank you very much everyone for your thoughts and experiences. You've given me a lot to think about.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
AnalogMan is offline   Reply With Quote