Old 10-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #2654
dirtybird222
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 330968
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
201 WRX
WRB

Anyone in the Air Force ever transition from Reserve to Active Duty? If so, how much of a pain in the butt is it and about how long did it take?

My Reserve unit has been nothing but a headache to deal with. I graduated Tech School in June, was all set and ready to go for my OJT/STP right then in there when I in In-Processed and it's October now and still nothing has happened. I received orders to PCS to MacDill and report today, was about to sign a lease to an apartment over there when I receive a call from my UTM stating they are reneging on my orders. They said I can do my OJT/STP at Homestead but I am currently the only person assigned to that base for my career field, my supervisor is at Tech School for it and there is no one there for me to train under. I've gotten in contact with two other bases that say they could accommodate me for my OJT/STP and relayed that information to my UTM but that information seems to be getting neglected...

If anyone has any info that could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. I've tried to follow the chain of command but nothing has happened. I simply want to learn my Career Field so I can perform well at it and I just feel I won't get that training at my base. If I seem like I am out of line, just say so and I will back down, like I said I just want to ensure I receive the proper training so I can do the job the best I can.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
dirtybird222 is offline   Reply With Quote