Scooby Newbie

Member#: 483138
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2015 STI
Crystal black silica

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtv900 View Post
Dude, don't listen to Captain Dander and NosePowder, they are just regurgitating standard internet jargon that represents the vapers that ruined their engines by being brainless and downright abusive to their cars not understanding that launching is bad and rev limiters are not meant to be used like door locks.

OTS tunes are ultra conservative and totally safe. RPM kills these engines. If you want to shift at 6500 rpm's in every gear, yes, you are going to have issues because you didn't pay 85k for your car, you got what you paid for rather.

I have 70,000 on my STI now and I put a stage 1 OTS tune on it basically immediately. I used the 91 octane tune and run 93 octane ONLY, because I wanted an additional safety factory being I plan on putting 200k on the car, plus I found the 91 octane tune to be awesome anyway so I didn't feel the need to push it.
Peak boost comes in a solid 1000 rpm's sooner than stock, and it reaches 3 psi higher than stock, all making a huge difference.
I go WOT in any gear, any rpm on a daily basis, the only thing I don't do is peg the rev limiter.
My engine consumes ZERO oil to present day, runs perfectly and has no issues at all.

Don't be scared away by baseless nonsense. Guys who fry their engines do it to themselves by beating the living hell out of their car and then take no responsibility for it.
This...this is exactly what I needed to read. Thank you RTV.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
mcursch88 is offline   Reply With Quote