Old 10-12-2007, 04:55 PM   #20
GreasedLightning
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 105884
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
04 WRX
Silver

I don't think a protest committee would be concerned if your EGT sensor failed during an AutoX. It isn't like an O2 sensor - which is what they are using to determine legality. How do you check for a "ready-state"? I have a cable and a computer, but I only know how to read OBDII codes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccanixx View Post
Very true, very true. You need to make sure there not checked if it is indeed a custom tune.

After Phil told me, I had them unchecked, logged 500 miles on a Cobb catted with no 420 code. I think a new o2 has more to do with it than anything. I also had a brand new EGT. I was however getting a random lean code, the car has 80,000 miles, finally changed the MAF and seemed to take care of it.

I will be staying in STX next year and because of that I will be looking for a more reliable set up. I'm going to weld a bigger hi-flo into the cobb downpipe also simulating the stock o2 location see if it's any more or less finicky.

The end result is you could put a cat on big enough for a dump truck and if the rear o2 didn't like it's posistion you're screwed.

For the record I was in ready state with no codes for Nats'. Much ado about nothing. I find it interesting that no one's looking for a solution to the egt (not that I have one, a solution that is). Everyone knows it could at any time trip on limit.

Great thread Big Sky. I will keep updating over the winter. Subscribed!

Greg
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
GreasedLightning is offline   Reply With Quote