Scooby Newbie

Member#: 289063
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2015 STi Limited
Crystal White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzel07wrx
What is the correct way to hook up the OEM Kicker sub to an aftermarket headunit? I have a Pioneer AVH-P3400BH. I have the SVXdc 20 pin and Axxess SWC all soldered up.

If I have to order another harness and re-solder some things, so be it.
All you have to do is use the sub's t-harness on the car's harness. Basically, hook it up like the instructions say.

I cut out the crossover and attached the leads to the rear speakers (it's wired to the front speakers by default). It only needs the positive leads hooked up. You don't have to cut out the crossover (save an extra step and the wires are short and difficult to work with), but it's a passive crossover and I think an aftermarket HU does a better job.

Now I have more control over the sub using the new HU and the sub won't cut out when you crank up the volume and it's a lot deeper/tighter/less muddy sounding now.

You could always used a line out converter to change the speaker leads to RCA and use the HU's sub RCA to gain total control over the sub. (I didn't because of ease of install and didn't want to spent anymore money on my stereo system)

Hope this helps, PM me if you need further help. I can walk you through it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by NSBcruiser; 06-26-2012 at 10:52 AM.
NSBcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote