Scooby Guru

Member#: 338329
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilR View Post
Hey man really like the tail lights. I bought some of the IAG tail light films but haven't installed them yet. I'm a little scared to screw up. DId you remove the tail lights or leave them in place to install the laminx? Did you use the soap water mix? Hair dryer or heat gun?
If you haven't installed tail light film of any kind before, I recommend getting someone else to do it. It can get frustrating...fast. I planned on removing the tails/reverse lights to do the overlay, but with all the cheap plastic pannels on this car that you need to remove to get to the back of the lights, I didn't want to risk breaking anything. I started to remove the panels, but the clips were in there well and decided to just do it on the car.

Yes, I used water and a small amount of soap. I used a hair drier. Heat guns work well, but tend too get hot to quickly. Using the hair driver on the low setting allows your to heat it up slowly and take your time. Heating things up too fast can cause disformity in the film. Also, once the film is stretched, it will not go back to it's original shape/place. So make sure where you are stretching it, it's where you want it to stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilR View Post
What made you decide on the q300 cbe?
I am a huge sound nut. More than likely I will end up changing the exhaust on this car more times than I can count. I had 9 seperate set ups on my M3 haha. I liked the q300 the best as it provided a nice growl and gave it a great boxer engine sound. Although I've heard it to drone a tad, I never minded a little bit of it. We will see though. I really want to get the titanium tip version as I find it goes really well with SWP.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote