View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 09:13 PM   #36
AVANTI R5
Scooby Guru

Member#: 73805

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Nick View Post
Maybe upper-trim Camaros fill that void. I hope they fix the steering feel - biggest thing that kept me out of a vette over the years - ZR1 had the same steering feel as the Suburban.
That's funny I just read this on left lane then came here read your post. You know something Nick lol

Nothing is official yet, but sources familiar with the matter told Motor Trend that the naturally-aspirated 7.0-liter V8 engine (called LS7 in Chevrolet-speak) found in the previous Z/28 and the last-gen Corvette Z06 will power a new model in the not-too-distant future. The engine's output will lie in the vicinity of 550 horsepower thanks to direct fuel-injection, modified cylinder heads, and new cams. Performance specifications haven't been published yet.

As has historically been the case, the V8 will be complemented by a firmer suspension and bigger brakes on both axles. Visually, the Z/28 will receive a muscular-looking body kit, four round exhaust tips, a huge wing mounted to the trunk lid, and specific alloy wheels.

Chevrolet is keeping technical details about the next Camaro Z/28 under wraps, so we'll have to wait until the veil is lifted to find out what's under the hood. When it lands, the next Z/28 will fight head-to-head against the Ford Shelby Mustang GT350, which uses a 5.2-liter V8 with a flat-plane crankshaft to generate over 500 horsepower.

Read more: http://www.leftlanenews.com/next-che...#ixzz48lyuqUuR
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
AVANTI R5 is offline   Reply With Quote