Scooby Guru

Member#: 338329
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinkE View Post
I'm in a similar situation as you, it's time to get rid of my Legacy and I looked at the Golf R and Focus RS. I was done with the R when I finally saw one in the parking lot at work and I was bored of looking at it after 10 feet, that and the price difference vs. STi isn't worth it. I was able to test drive the Focus RS but I was very uncomfortable in the seats, so that's out. Maybe if they're out for a while and the PTU shutdown gets fixed I'll look back at it again.

I plan on getting a 2018 STi in a couple months when I'm finished paying for preschool. Aside from the 19" wheels(I dislike them) I'm in for the updates on the STi. One of the reviews I saw looked like the fog lights were an option. I agree that without them the front looks bad.
Pretty much my same conclusions I had. The golf r on paper and quality is awesome. Definitely a fun car, but I got really bored of it just looking at it. Didn't do anything for me. The RS, I never got a chance to drive because Ford dealers think they are Porsche 918's. I did get a chance to sit in a few and start them up though. I fit in the seats nicely, so that wasn't a concern. I just wasn't 100% sold on the overall look (I hate the rear) and of course the massive mark ups.

I am totally in for the 18 sti updates. Really liked the thicker windows for less road noise, recaros, and the other smaller updates. Not to say the plastic fog piece on the 15-17's is pretty, but the 18 just didn't do it for me. I felt as if they just changed it for the sake of changing it. I also wasn't a fan of the bright, look at me calipers. Either way, I am sure I'll see them on the road and like them. I just wanted to get into one now as I really like the current gen.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote