Old 04-04-2017, 01:07 PM   #75
Dalessio
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 358693
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2013 STI Hatchback
Dark Grey Metallic

LED tech has developed leaps and bounds in the past few years, plug and play bulbs for headlights/fog lights were super expensive 3ish years ago and now are maybe $50-60 for very high quality ones. It's definitely developing extremely quickly, which is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyFreak86 View Post
Thanks for coming back! Nice to come back to something so familiar.

Nice! I loved and sometimes miss my hatch. It really was a fun little car. But I am sure you can relate the massive upgrade in terms of quality from the GR to the VA.

I did similar moves when I had big upcoming life changes (sold m3 to help with first house. Sold WRX to help with first kid). Definitely helps puts you in a much better financial situation when adulting takes precedence.
For sure haha, sometimes there are things in life that take priority. And in all reality, I had planned on selling the GR before I got the VA, but it just never happened and it's been a while now.

And there are definitely parts of the GR platform that I prefer. The seats come to mind immediately, although I know most people prefer VA seats. I still prefer the look of the GR exterior styling, and the classic rumble from the EJ is something that I will always miss but at least STI owners have it (take that as a plus or minus lol). But overall the VA is much more comfortable of a ride, the interior is MUCH more refined and updated, the FA delivers power much better, and while I feel like the VA handles much better...I felt more connected to the road in the GR. I don't know how to describe it, but when IAG asked how I felt about each platform, I tried to describe it that way and they knew exactly what I was talking about lol, so there's that.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Dalessio is offline   Reply With Quote