Kostamojen
Scooby Guru

Member#: 2272
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
1999 OBS Camo Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2oiroc View Post
because in the real world they suck? my dealer didnt have a dsg r for me to test drive so i took out a dsg autobahn gti with pp. it was a warm and sunny day. any time i pushed it at all it was nothing but tire spin and traction control. add in any cold temps, rain, or snow and its utterly crippled. no thanks.
Sticky tires and lighter wheels completely changes the GTI with PP. VW likes to use HEAVY factory wheels, and the stock tires are garbage.

The N actually comes with good tires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeepBoop View Post
My bias against FWD is rooted entirely in non-performance metrics related feelz. I don't care how good you make it, or how well you can trick it into acting like a RWD car. A car that can't power slide and hold the power slide is not a hoon car, and therefor not eligible in my books. At least the twins (in their infinite lack of power) are still hoon-able.
Having had "hoon" cars, a good FWD setup has a different kind of "fun" to it. RWD fun cars are on-power oversteer cars with lots of counter steer. A fun modern FWD car is all about chucking it into a corner and lifting the throttle to rotate it, then get back on the throttle to pull it out of the corner. I find it MORE fun on a regular back road since you aren't putting your car or self at risk with a powerslide, and with tight turns the new breed of FWD cars like the N and FiST are some of the quickest cars you will ever see rotate around a hairpin.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Kostamojen is offline   Reply With Quote