juanmedina
Scooby Guru

Member#: 133146
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen [email protected]
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by WReXinEfX View Post
I test drove a Model 3 performance edition with the 20" wheels. It was scary fast, never been in a car that just rockets off the line without any hesitation and just keeps going and no gear shifts. Every sports car even $300k+ cars have to change gears. My body felt like it just ejected out of a launchpad on the highway. Most Teslas I've seen on the road drive like Priuses. But never seen anybody gone fast with it.

I overcooked the turn a little and the tail comes out and then the AWD just sort itself out like the Evo and the car just sort itself out. Amazing. It definitely feels like the car has a lot of traction control, assists, and collision safety system. I got a little too close to the sidewalk and the steering wheel sort of locked itself and the car pull back onto the road.

The Tesla worker told me that if you switch to Track mode it will be less intrusive with the assists.

After my 15min drive, I honestly don't think there's one car quicker on the road for under $60k. It was just electrifying fast.
You can get the same car without the big brakes and spoiler with 18" wheels for $52K . You can spend what you save on some KW coilovers, wheels and tires and some pads and make the handle like a dream.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
juanmedina is offline   Reply With Quote