NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 90539
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
My BOV goes
COVFEFE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryr34 View Post
The advice is much appreciated, I’ll be monitoring temps and changing parts if required. Space is at a premium with the turbo positioned where it is, on the first pass I managed to squeeze in a pair of 9” Davies Craig fans, if they’re not up to the task I’ll have to cut away some of the front panel and implement a better solution.

https://daviescraig.com.au/product/9...c-fan-12v-0160
Don't mention it, anything to help a fellow enthusiast. It pains me seeing so many high power subies with coolant setups that are lower capacity than the original oem, yet demanding much more cooling capacity. Aftermarket fans simply aren't designed to move as much air and dropping fan size and blade pitch further lowers their efficiency. They are designed primarily for setups that have less than oem room for fans.

Keep in mind, a fan is only as good as the shroud it's attached to. If you don't have much depth, you need to get the largest fans possible and design your shroud to fit and seal well.

The subject of fan and radiator setups isn't discussed nearly enough here. We need a thread dedicated solely for radiator and fan shroud design, discussion always seems to splinter off into nonsense. I'd start a thread, but don't have enough proof of my knowledge to keep people participating in the thread. People here expect a racing pedigree or degree thermodynamics before they will actively engage in a thread on something this controversial. I just stick with trying to help when the opportunity arises.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by 2slofouru; 08-01-2020 at 06:29 PM.
2slofouru is offline   Reply With Quote