NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 90539
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
My BOV goes
COVFEFE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre View Post
A few seconds. Not something I have ever thought about in almost 6 years of ownership.

Really? It’s about as painless as something can be. I’ve rented them for 20+ years for work, for road trips. I’m in and out of the corporate chain in 5 minutes. Best thing is they have the best road side. I’ve had a flat before where it needed a doughnut thrown on. I call in after I have changed the tire (I did not want to wait on a truck, it was offered) and arrange to swap cars on my trip. In my own vehicle I’d have to find a tire shop, and dick with that for a few hours if I can find one along the way and if they are open.

You should say renting a car sucks for you. It’s easier than hitting the grocery store here.

And the cool thing is eventually car rentals will be electric, and can be charged in cycles between renters. It's a very simple solution, and even using gasoline rentals allows electric owners to go fuel free most of the time. I don't own a truck, but for the few times I actually need one every few years, rental is the most cost effective solution.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
2slofouru is offline   Reply With Quote