Scooby Guru

Member#: 338329
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogles View Post
Yep! Exactly. I miss the STi not because it was the fastest thing ever, but because it was communicative in everything it did. You'd definitely lose a lot of that going to a Golf R, although I will say the steering is actually still pretty damn good, and can be better with just some control arm bushings.

You sound to me like a guy who needs a daily and a weekender. The STi is in a good spot and should be reliable as-is, plus you really enjoy it. I think if I were you I'd plan to keep the STi long-term and rotate in a second vehicle every 2-3 years to keep it fresh. I'm on board the S2000 train, I've driven a couple and they are crazy fun, even if they aren't that quick. Plus, that's a car you could drive for a couple years and not lose any money on considering how well they're holding their value.
Agreed 100%. There isn't anything the STI is lacking that another car would really pick up for me. Without spending double the price, it's a hard bargain to beat. Next on my list is rear sway and endlinks, which should really dial in the suspension even more than it already is. I really enjoy the steering feedback from the STI. It's the perfect amount of weight and responsive.

I think I have always been a daily/weekender type of person. I think I have been trying to get it all in one car since that is only what life is allowing me at the moment. An STI as a daily and an s2k or another e46 m3 as a weekender would be pretty dang sweet.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote