Old 06-17-2019, 01:51 PM   #1115
Dalessio
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 358693
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2013 STI Hatchback
Dark Grey Metallic

To add to the potential future car discussion...

I decided to get rid of my 2015 WRX about 6 months ago, and spent some serious time debating what was next. My list was an STI hatchback, an 18+ WRX, S3/Golf R, E90 M3, Tacoma TRD Off Road, or 4Runner Trail/Off Road. I narrowed it down to those options by considering I wanted 4 doors no matter what, being married with a doggo kind of dictates that at this point. From there...here's how I sorted it out.

18+ WRX - While the front end is a very nice update, starting a new car payment for an updated bumper seemed a bit silly. Plus they'll be around in the used market for quite some time - if I want one in the future...there will be plenty available.

S3/Golf R - Absolutely love the more refined aspects of both options in comparison to my '11 WRX or '15 WRX, as well as the bulletproof engine and the DSG would be a serious bonus. But...I feel like the styling of the Golf R is a bit too plain for me, although I've never been one for flashy things, it just feels slightly too simple. I decided to keep an eye out for an S3 with the options I wanted, also an S4.

E90 M3 - Great car, and the only RWD sedan I considered. The lack of availability, crazy price gouging, and significant chance of bearing failure turned me off. I probably could've found one in enough time, but I found something else first.

Tacoma TRD Off Road - Pretty much the ideal truck for me outside of a Raptor, but those were a fair amount more than I wanted to spend. Toyota reliability along with a completely different community and build focus really intrigued me. I decided I would rather stick with something sporty for the moment however, which also crossed the 4Runner off of the list, but if I were to get a second vehicle it would be either a Tacoma or 4Runner, hands down.

Which leads me to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyFreak86 View Post
I actually bumped into a local in a GR STI sedan and couldn't stop thinking how much more aggressive that gen looks compares to the VA. Made me want a white hatch again.
Me too...so I got one!

I found it in Florida and had it brought up to Maryland about 2 months ago! While it may not be SWP like both of our previous hatches, this is exactly what I wanted this time around. It was/is still entirely stock, clean Carfax, 47k miles, and had a fair bit of factory options. Just a quick snap shot with my phone, I was gone for 2 weeks and it desperately needs a wash now that the pollen has chilled out a bit.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Dalessio is offline   Reply With Quote