Scooby Guru

Member#: 338329
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalessio View Post
I totally understand that, there's nothing wrong with thinking about what will be next, always keeping options open. That said, your STI is in a great position, I hope you stick with it for quite some time. Unfortunately the forums are dying out and I can definitely appreciate Instagram for what it is, but a full build thread is always more open to discussions etc!

Also, I agree, the 11-14 hatch exterior with 15+ interior would be perfect. At some point in the future I'll work on updating the interior a bit, but it'll be some time before I really dive into it.

I was thinking about holding out for the next generation of WRX/STI, but figured the chances of a new hatchback are pretty low, and the 11-14's are disappearing and becoming more and more difficult to find, so if I wanted a htach...now was probably the time.

And thank you! I'll post a decent photo at some point, but it's pretty stock for now lol.
I appreciate it. I find myself appreciating things a bit more as I get older, so walking out into the garage and just seeing what I "built" is a pretty cool thing.

This one is going to be hard to part from whenever the time does come. I sold my WRX as is and it was really hard letting that thing go since it was perfect the day I sold it. With this one, I would most likely part out and bring back to stock so the sale doesn't hurt so bad.

I agree. Instagram is great to see quick progression on the car. However, the lack of discussions bother me since I feel that is missing in this community. it was nice to start a topic in here and have you guys respond with mature/valuable responses that lead to a great discussion. Nice to know human interaction (even through the interwebs) still exist.

The next gen STI will ultimately decide my next car. If it's going to be what the speculation is, it might be a worthy contender as the next car. However, by the time the car comes out and a year or two worth of kinks are worked out, I might be onto something else by then. Who knows.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote