Pre
Scooby Guru

Member#: 139693
Vehicle:
Dura ngo 95
horrorshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
Honest question: If you can afford a manual Supra with a 6-cylinder, is the GR86 really worth a consideration for you? I could see the argument of putting the Supra money into the GR86, but just curious to know what the pros and cons are for yourself.
Just because someone can afford something doesn't mean someone will buy it. I can afford more car than either but that doesn't mean I'm going to do like most and buy the most car in terms of purchase price that I can. I have other vehicles to insure, maintain, so I haven't come to terms with dropping 50+k yet on a car, any car. I mean I could buy the boat I want for that $ and watercraft insurance is relatively inexpensive compared to cars and bikes. Once you start insuring multiple vehicles, insurance becomes a big thing. It's my last 100% ICE 6MT performance car I'm ever going to buy so in that sense, the Supra is on the table. But I have not been able to get over the fact that I could also just buy a 86 and a Ducati V4 Pan at the same time for that Supra money. Really comes down to insurance premiums. I was going to buy a Pan several years ago but the insurance was nutso on it. I mean almost quadruple what I pay now for my motorcycle policy. But I have switched insurance carriers for my bikes and it's much cheaper now.

So it's complicated. I want to get my boat at some point in the future to partner with my PWC. I'd also like a V4 Pan. And so far I've subscribed to a methodology that I'd rather own multiple things that cost less money compared to very few things that cost a lot more in terms of purchase price. RWD is settling to me as I've told you before, my fun car is for cold winters, hard rain, snow, IE inclement weather. If I'm setting for RWD because of a lack of AWD options, spend less and cut bait or go for it this one time and get the HP/TQ/Performance? Hard decision for me. I just hope I don't have to F with this and get what I want. GRC with Circuit Pack.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Pre is offline   Reply With Quote