Scooby Guru

Member#: 117767
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2014 Audi S4
DP Stage 2 (~420whp)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckcntryski36 View Post
I had the chance to get a 2016 on order for a good price but decided to go for the 2015 for this reason. I looked at the differences in the base models (my price range) and I couldn't justify a $600 price increase just for the starlink system. I went with the 2015 for the standard 2-din stereo that can be easily popped out so get my android auto on!
Same here. I decided I wanted one of the new models so I went to trade in my '11 STI for a '16 WRX. However, the dealer had one white manual 2015 WRX left and were offering it to me for a hell of a price. I was still tempted to hold out for the 2016 but the updated radio was a red flag for me.

I really want to put a nice Android Auto HU in my car and the 2016 setup may just make that difficult. This and the $2k price difference for the exact same trim/upgrades made the 2015 a no brainer for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millertime359 View Post
Considering I doubt believe they have hit the dealer yet, no one has done an upgrade. AE64.com may have come across the schematics. I would just wait till you take delivery of the car, and then e-mail ae64 for harness info.

Dealers have them now. I was snapping pictures of a 2016 WRX in the showroom while I was waiting for the dealer to install my clear bra.

In person, the new gloss black bezel looks terrible, if you ask me. It just clashes with every part of the interior. Even the fake carbon fiber looks better. And if you want to upgrade the HU, you will have to buy a 2015 bezel because the 2016 bezel is baked into the stock HU.

But the new (2012 STI) wheels look great on the car.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
sc00ter is offline   Reply With Quote