Old 01-29-2013, 10:00 PM   #14
FunnyRico
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 92311
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 STI : Gone.
2007 STI : Forever.

To each his own, but something tells me no own is going to own up to that ride.

I know you were just fishing for some info but don't know what you need to get from others that you don't already have access to. Meaning if its at a dealership ask for a Car Fax report, at the very least you will be able to know the area it was driven in and could contact those local dealers to see if it was taken in for service.

Outside of facts (ie services, accidents, etc <car fax>) there really isn't much to gather. You can check the mods he did (external, internal, performance) and see if fits your comfort level. I find that people try and get the least modded ride possible to lower the probability of it be ragged on; but some look for others who have put there time and money into it and are looking for quality.

The only other thing I can think of that you may be trying to find is someone to say "oh hey, I know that ride... Stay way/good buy." Which is a needle in a haystack.

Good luck with your decision and search for info. Small piece of advise... buying a car with a lot of cosmetics that you don't like is like buying a house that needs work. You'll have to put your own time and money into it; sometimes it's not worth buying something that needs a lot of change.

Sorry for the long post.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.