kcpaz
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 194611
Vehicle:
1998 Legacy GT
Mexico Blue (not red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homemade WRX View Post
Fair enough...I'm just saying it has it's perks too and anyone who says a water heat exchanger has no place on a road course might want to do some research...common misnomer
Show me a professional level road race or rally car that uses an air-water intercooler set-up, and I will show you 100 more that don't. I don't follow the logic that it is a misnomer to assume that an air-to-air style intercooler works better in high speed, endurance applications.

I don't mind the vultures bustin' my balls , but they need to do realize that this isn't my first rodeo and there's usually a reason things are done the way they are done.

Oh, and as far as the "whale tail" idea. Porsche people are usually the first to mention this, and it doesn't work for a few reasons. The most important one being that the Boxsters don't have the same gradual sloping rear section that the 911's have. The abrupt drop off at the rear window on the factory Boxster hard top causes some turbulence right before the rear deck-lid which would be less than ideal for a louvered whale tail. Also, as hideous as some people think the roof scoop is, imagine how ugly a whale tail would be Maybe on a Cayman, but not for a Boxster... and yes, I know about the Zeintop and I'm not about to consider that as an option.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
kcpaz is offline   Reply With Quote