Member#: 338329
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

March 29, 2017

Miles: 790

What's being installed: SubieLED Fog Lights and DRL

I have been searching around for a solid LED bulb company for a few weeks. I wanted to outfit the STI with some proper LED lighting without spending a couple hundred dollars on 2 sets of lights. I came across a few brands that I was contemplating testing out, but it just came down to me reading negative reviews or just not liking the overall product. I wanted something reliable, customizable, and a company that takes pride in their product. In my research, I came across a company called SubieLED. They offered a nice variety of products and every review I read was positive. Not to mention, the price was one of the best I've seen! Decided to send an email over and see if they wanted to work with me.

Within a day, I received a reply and without hesitation they offered to be a part of my "build". Shortly after I was more than happy to place my order with them and received my two sets of 3s bulbs.

Upon initial inspection, I was amazed at the overall quality and feel of the bulb. Nice and solid, heavier than I thought, and just all around felt like a solid product. One of my favorite things about these bulbs is it allows you to change the color temperature of the bulb anytime you wish. Simply apply a different color film to the bulb and you have a whole new look! I decided on the deepest yellow color as I am a sucker for yellow fogs and DRL's. I have had this look on my past 3 cars so it was a very easy decision for me.

Installation was extremely simple and the fog bulbs turned into the sockets nice and tight. No wiggle or movement when locked down. Sometimes with aftermarket bulbs, you'll have a weaker base tabs and it just doesn't sit correctly in the socket. The SubieLED fog bulbs locked down really well. Tucked all the wires back up neatly and fired them up. SUPER yellow and really impressed with the overall color. Fills in the lower beam pattern of the lights and gives you a ton more usable light when driving on the darker back roads.

Next up was the DRL bulbs. Much easier access to them as I didn't have to remove as many push clips to get to where I needed to go. The DRL bulbs didn't click in as nicely as the fogs, but I threw the stock bulb seals on top of what was already on there and it really locked down well after that. No movement or wiggle on either side. Very happy with how these look coming down the road as it really gives the front end a mean look.

Automotive LED's have come a long way in a short time and I am happy to have SubieLED as a part of this car. They are such a great company to work with! Any questions I had, they responded quickly and had fast shipping! I would recommend them to any one out there looking to add some LED bulbs to their car.

IMG_1806 by Freak Photography, on Flickr

IMG_1807 by Freak Photography, on Flickr

IMG_1810 by Freak Photography, on Flickr

IMG_1921 by Freak Photography, on Flickr

IMG_1924 by Freak Photography, on Flickr

IMG_1965 by Freak Photography, on Flickr

IMG_1964 by Freak Photography, on Flickr

IMG_1963 by Freak Photography, on Flickr

Bonus shot!

IMG_1928 by Freak Photography, on Flickr
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by ScoobyFreak86; 03-31-2017 at 11:14 PM.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote