View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 10:05 PM   #80
02wrx14
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 468600
Default Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjuna View Post
I have seen a TON of repeated questions on this forum, so I am going to try and sum up all the information in one place just for some sanity.

First - LIKZ OMG WHERE IS TEH BOOST?
Answer: It's cold. You run less boost. Nothing is wrong. Let's have this conversation again when it's summer.
Taken from the Cobb Tuning Guide...

Second – BUT BRO, BROTELLA T6 IS TEH BEST I RUN IT IN MY EJ. Or 0W40 FTW BRO!
Answer – Yep. We all get that there has been tons of success in running the EJ with T6. Don’t do it to the FA20. Run conforming 5w30 oil, as called out in the manual. There’s no need to get fancy at this time. There have been only a few reported incidents of spun bearings and T6 was linked to each story. Additionally, I had personal experience with T6 making my AVCS go crazy. This information will change as we gather more information about the little infant engines. If you’d like, there is an oil analysis thread over in service and maintenance just for 2015s. For the love of all things good in this world, please don't make another oil debate thread. Just don't. It's already been discussed on several subforums. Go there. No, your particular type of oil, weather, or driver doesn't make you exempt to searching and participating in threads already created.

Third – YEAH BUT BRO INTAKES ARE AWESOME AND MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WHOOOOOSHHHH.
Answer – Yeah, they sure do sound different. However the concensus is and has been that unless you’re pushing 400+whp, there is no need for an intake. Additionally, if the intake changes the MAF housing design, MAF scaling will NEED to take place to correctly meter air. This can only be accomplished with a tune either designed for the intake (Cobb has a Mishi OTS map) or a protune.

Fourth – SOMETIMES I GET 22.X PSI PEAK BOOST SHOW UP? IS IT BROKEN?
Answer – No, the OEM tune has an infinitely debatable boost control system. Most people say that this is a built in “feature” and others say it’s not a big issue. Some cry hose clamps (there’s even a sticky at the top of this subforum). Most tuners can tune it out, but it was still pretty much always there for me through my journeys. After changing to a 3-port interrupt style EBCS, I have rock solid boost that NEVER exceeds my target boost at peak torque. Again, this is infinitely debatable.

Fifth – YEAH BRO I CAN JUST STICK HIDs IN MY STOCK HALOGEN HOUSINGS.
Answer – Stop right there bromethius, unless you enjoy pissing off the world, having a worse beam pattern, and just generally screwing up your night vision. A true retrofit is the way to go. There have been a few people who have done TRS Mini-d2s projector retrofits with ZERO retrofit experience – myself included. We are always happy to answer your questions.

Sixth – OH NO. I DON’T WANT MY WARRANTY VOIDED!
Answer - Your warranty can never be void. You can have a claim denied though. Don’t participate in warranty fraud.

Zillionth - BROFITEROLES, WILL A COBB AP VOID MY WARRANTY?
Answer - Read above question. Your warranty can never be void. However if you have some sort of catastrophic engine failure, do not attempt warranty fraud. Not only is it illegal, but there is currently no way to tell with absolute certainty that the dealer will and/or will not be able to tell if it's been tuned. Own up to your own mistakes because you have to pay to play. There is no post from Cobb or Ecutek that states with absolute certainty that their tuning modification is untraceable. There is also no direct evidence that a dealer will be able to tell sans ECU reset before service. Use your best judgement here. Don't ask this question.

Eighth - HEHE NOOB A BOV WILL BLOW YOUR ENGINE UP!
Answer - No, a BOV/BPV will not blow your engine up. If you run a 100% recirculating BOV/BPV you will have ZERO issues. I personally do this. Adds some PSH without any flash. There have been many others who run 100% atmosphere as well.

Question - DOODZ THE RADIO SUUUCKS
Answer - there are a few ways to change how your radio sounds. You can do the "hidden menu" mod to access some different settings.

BEWARE OF THOSE TRYING TO TELL YOU THINGS THAT ALMOST MAKE SENSE
"Yeah, a lightweight pulley helps rev hang because less weight" WUT??? How does removing weight from a rotating assembly make the throttle plate close faster? This is a PROGRAMMING issue and no amount of weight removal will ever fix that.
Very help full thank you!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
02wrx14 is offline   Reply With Quote