View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 05:32 PM   #82
Chrome-Calion
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 479331

thanks for the information. exactly what i been looking for. I took my 2017 wrx 6speed into the shop friday for lack of boost. i was only hitting 9.9-10.9 in 15F temp. googled for 6+ hours the night i noticed and came across sooo many reasons as to why it could be doing it... but here's where it confuses me. the shop said, my car indeed had a problem but the master tech was even puzzled. so i waited till he came back and he replied. the tech is taking it for a test drive to see if they resolved the problem but their still not sure whats going on with it...? made no sense to me. so when he got back the guy told me it was my cat. converter plugging. my car has only 4200 miles though? i asked if hes ever had that happen before. he said, once 2 years ago. needless to say, the new cats ordered and will be replaced soon as it arrives.
Would't it be something up the line causing my cat to clog? I only run premium gas. i don't really get on my car, which maybe could cause some build up?

also, i've noticed after being in the shop. they must've re-flashed my. car or something? seems to idle differently. and i notice my a/c belt kicking on and off more frequent. jumping my rpm's to 900 then slowly back down to normal idle.

and last, i noticed alot of soot on my exhaust tips. i recently got the sti performance cat-back. figured the soot is normal on the DI engine. just looking for clarification.

Thanks, Brandon
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Chrome-Calion is offline   Reply With Quote