Old 11-14-2021, 10:57 PM   #1
Hobbes2.2
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 143350
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
'12 Impreza "Sport"
ISM

Default 2012 Can't turn off hill assist???

I'll attempt not to rant too much about how passionately Ihate hill assist. Been searching and trying methods of disabling it for a while now, and nothing I've tried works. I finally got fed up last time I had to parallel park on a hill (I don't need reverse if you'll just LET ME ROLL BACKWARD PLEASE!!!) and called the local Subie stealership. The tech legit told me it was impossible to disable hill assist in the "older" model Imprezas/XVs.

Somebody please tell me that you know a work around!

rant/ Not having the option to disable this "feature" is legit dangerous! Beyond the parallel parking on a hill tedium, I can't teach anyone how to drive a stick on this thing (imagine them driving a different manual car one day and coming to a stoplight on a steep hill, not even thinking about it cuz they learned on a car with hill assist....stall, honk, crunch)! /rant (My attempt to not rant failed. Sorry)

~Kevin
(Edit2: Oh, also my apologies if this isn't the right spot for this thread. I put it here as, to my knowledge, no vehicles with EJ's/FA's have this issue. Of course feel free to relocate it as needed.)
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Hobbes2.2; 11-14-2021 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Failure to english good.
Hobbes2.2 is offline   Reply With Quote