binny
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 198108
Vehicle:
MY98 WRX
Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver98STi View Post
Forgive me for resurrecting an old thread, but it's an informative one, and it covers something I'm currently dealing with.

I had suspected the MAF sensor was the culprit when the EJ20K in my '98 JDM Impreza STi began running like crap, to the point where it was undriveable. It's obvious the three MAF sensor terminals have been re-soldered previously (looks like a very poorly done job!), and I suspect a connection (or two or three) are loose again.

The car's now at a highly recommended local shop. In discussion with the mechanic who's checking over my engine, he's stated he's concerned that although re-soldering may regain continuity at these connections (which will allow the MAF sensor to at least read again), the "scaling" may not be correct. He's recommending running a wide-band O2 sensor, basically to warn of a lean condition and to prevent destruction of the engine.

This is well beyond my level of expertise. Any thoughts on this "scaling" issue?
As long as you resolder properly there will be no issue the sensor itself is very durable
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
binny is offline   Reply With Quote