View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 05:32 PM   #8
sonbum1
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 518580
Default Lifted crosstrek

Hi all long time reader first time poster. Grambo I have lifted my crosstrek 2" 1" spacer and 1" spring. the problems doing it this way are that you have to source subframe spacers, personally I think lowering the subframe defeats the purpose of raising the car. So alternatively you'll have to find adjustable caster, toe, and control arms for the rear, and that is just to align the back the front caster and camber don't seem to have many solutions there aren't any longer or adjustable lower control arms I am contemplating a camber plate but that still leaves caster. One of the things I'm wondering about are control arms from other Subarus, I know some people have put STI arms on outbacks and Legacy arms on Foresters is there a Subaru front control arm that is "wider" to correct camber????
As far as axles I've read that Forester axles are 5/8" longer and have the same splining, I am looking into Forester shocks/struts as replacements as they have a longer travel.
I think the problem is lack of demand for truly lifted crosstrek parts. Most crosstreckers are content with the out of the box spacer lift because their crosstrek looks more awesome on a dirt road.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
sonbum1 is offline   Reply With Quote