Member#: 12601
Vehicle:
2004 WRX-STI and wrx
white on gold

Default Feels good for once........

Quote:
Originally posted by shirokuma
Ah, for one, I'm that journalist...

Subaru did change the front geometry in a similar manner to the ALK kit that's been sold for WRX's and Legacies. (Anti-Lift Kit). It is a different mount for the front lower control arm that adds .05 degree of castor to the front arms. Possibly because of our talks with STi after using them on our Legacies (apexjapan is an all-subaru crew so far) and experiencing the day/night difference in turn-in (we provided them with one of our cars), STi started incorporating this idea, but bettering it bye incorporating it from the start. They experimented with it on the S202, and encouraged by the results, have made it part of the RA package.

That's not all of it, though - the rear suspension geometry on the STi and WRX has been changed to eliminate the toe change problems back there. Along with some different suspension tuning here and there (solid stabilizer links in the rear, for example, whith standard links in front), they've removed much of the understeer from even the standard STi model. The WRX had much improved turn-in and handling too, also the Forester. It looks like they are incorporating the rear suspension geometry changes into all new models, along with a host of other improvements. Shock valving has been slowing improving over here, the difference between the A revision Legacy and the D revision is dramatic. I expect that's found it's way into the WRX also.

Personally, when driven correctly, even the current USDM WRX can be quite quick around the track. The key words here is "driven correctly", and the amount of people experienced with the WRX style is still fairly small at this point. I find the best method for standard setups is the brake-tap-and-turn method. Trying to simply go in smooth after braking leads towards understeer. Of course, then there is Shimizu-san who simply hammers the brakes while turning, then slamming on the gas to go around the corner in a 4-wheel drift. He doesn't have to pay for the cars, though...

Cheers,

Paul Hansen
Paul--

it feels good for once to be on to something that makes sense. I know that the anything that comes from Fuji inthe form of a press release is very subtle and you have to read between the lines.

So in that same article ,..since you're " that journalist",..it speaks of alot of torque inthe new twin scroll engine,..you even go on to say it feels like a larger displacement engine,..?end quote."

When I read it I thought,...hmmmnnnnnnnnnn,..something is fishy here,..yeah I'm sure the twinscroll is great , but who's to say they didnt switch a 2.5 car and just not tell anyone?...maybe I'm reaching, but you can see how I was thinking...lol.

Oh, last but not least,..perhaps you can assist in the part number for the Spec-ca type RA front spoiler? and almost last question,...
whats the difference in the shocks and springs on the spec-c type ra,..can I import those, as I will be bringing my STI up to S202 spec-c type -RA specification shortly after it's June birth. Along with 14.5 front brakes.

Your opinion DR.--

944 turbo guy
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.