ljgsxr750
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 373472
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2006 STI
Aspen White

Default Compression questions

Hello, I have been searching and reading a lot of information on the forums. Just a few questions, I just did a compression test on my 06 STI and the results came back 125, 123, 125, 125. The engine was not at operating temperature, the car has been sitting since it last overheated. Short story, I drove the badass home from work as usual with no issues, after being home for an hour or so I started her up to go pick up my son. On startup she struggled, sounded like she was missing so i immediately shut her down. Started her back up with no issues, drove to the 76 less than a mile away and filled up. On startup at the gas station, it stumbled so i turned it off and then back on. This time a slight puff of whiteish smoke came out then stopped. On the way to get my son it overheated. So I took her home and made sure my coolant levels were topped off etc, started it back up, no issues overheating at idle for 5 mins or so, as soon as i got down the street instantly overheated. popped the hood to find coolant boiling out of the overflow. Now at this point i assumed it was a Headgasket, however i dont have milky oil, nor do i have crud on the top radiator cap. The new fluid doesnt look contaminated either. I have just ordered a radiator pressurizer kit and a leak down kit. My question.... Are those compression numbers good and would that compression test have told me if I had a headgasket leak? I am by no means no mechanic so please dont flame me for lack of knowledge/experience. horrible shop experiences have led to my DIY chronicles.

And there is no power loss when driving, just idle issues at startup and while idling sometimes.

Mods:
Forged JE pistons
STI rods
ARP headstuds
ACL Race Bearings
ACL Main Bearings
TGV Delete
GrimmSpeed phelonic Spacers
Perrin 3" Inlet
Perrin Intake
AEM IAT (speed density)
Perrin Front Mount Intercooler
Injector Dynamics 1000cc topfeed conversion
255lph Walbro Fuel pump
Blouch Dominator 3.0 XT 3" inlet
Perrin EBCS Pro boost
Exedy Hyper Twin Disc Clutch
Tial 38mm EWG
Tial Q BOV
Grimmspeed EWG up-pipe
Invidia 3" catless downpipe and N1 Exhaust
COBB Accessport V2
One Step Colder Plugs
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ljgsxr750 is offline   Reply With Quote