Scooby Guru

Member#: 44501
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
that 's, like, your
alternate facts, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreddRS25

Highly doubt it is that. Can you explain the difference between the 'fuel sender' and 'fuel pump'?
Sure. The fuel pump is the electro-mechanical device that physically 'pumps' fuel through the fuel lines.

A sender is an electronic sensor that electronically 'sends' a signal to a gauge.

Quote:
The light will also come on if you mess with the little black box above the RSB.
You don't even know what you were doing with the box that made it light up. How do you know it wasn't a fluke? So you're telling me that the Subaru engineers shunned the standard low fuel light mechanism that has worked on cars of all makes for decades, in favor of a system that alerts you when your fuel pressure is dropping. It would be the 'broken engine' light then, instead of the 'low fuel' light.

Quote:
Well if you put the gas pump upside while filling up the tank, it tricks the cut off valve. So you could pump till you spill out the end.
What?? You think I post to say I do something all the time and assume I walk around with gas soaked shoes? If you ram the thing all the way down, the rubber flap on most nozzles blocks off the air that's normally supposed to vent from the tank while it's being filled. The additional air pressure causes the sensor to stop early. Put it out a 1"-1.5" from all the way in and it'll cut off at the right time. Did you grow up in New Jersey or something? Never topped off a tank?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Calamity Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote